
About a week or so ago TNT or TBS had a Lord of the Rings marathon. I realized that I hadn't seen the movies in a few years. Since I own the three extended DVD editions I thought I'd start watching them again, but in sections. Each one is around 4 hours long. I thought I'd watch a little here and there. Well, here's something about me -- I get obsessed.
I was obsessed when the movies first came out, and these past two weekends I have been watching the three movies again nonstop. JB was out of town and I'd creep back upstairs at night scared out of my mind after watching Orcs battle it out on our big screen. But I always returned for more. Now I'm done with the films and am thinking about reading the books again, or watching all the making-of documentaries again.
I do this with so many things. Harry Potter, Twilight, The Office -- I discover something and immerse myself in it until it's spent or I'm spent. What should I obsess about next?
3 comments:
I think Joe, James and I would agree: Battlestar Galactica! Or I guess you could start light with some Firefly. It's only one season but oh, what a season! Nathan Fillion is in it. You like Nathan Fillion; he was the cute doctor in "Waitress". You can probably borrow it from Joe or maybe even watch it on Hulu.
If it helps, your chic and adorable sister Rachel has seen Firefly and she gave it two thumbs way, way up. I warn you, when you get to the last episode you will cry and curse the FOX TV network because the show was canceled. I know I did.
I'm so glad I'm not the only LOTR-obsessed fan out there!
Friday Night Lights. Then I could have yet another person to discuss the show with
Post a Comment