Thursday, April 9, 2009

Someone is always listening

No, I'm not talking about angels above, or the government.

I'll explain.

I missed a call from my Aunt Nancy the other morning. When I called her back she laughed and said she was putting on her jeans and bumped her cell phone and it called me.

I mentioned this to my sister, who laughed and said I accidentally call her all the time. And she hears me, too! It goes something like this:

Bekah: "Hello. Hello? Mary?"
Muffled Mary: "No Max. No. Benny come here."
Bekah: Sigh.

Since many of us carry our cell phones in our pockets, we are now wondering if this can be known as a booty call.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

LOL I'm so glad you blogged about this phenomenon! I've also had butt-dialed booty calls from Joe, James, and Bethany/ Nathanael, plus a few from random people at work (service techs, vendors, etc). Sometimes you can hear what's going on around the caller. I once heard Joe walking into work and fake-cussing when he tripped over a curb. That was funny!

Alyssa said...

we call it butt dialing in my family but I love boot call!

Carole said...

The fact that Nancy calls everybody listed in her cell phone so often from her backside is what has made me enjoy the commercial with the husband and wife in the same room. The wife receives a call from the husband right then and picks it up and says to him something like "It's your butt." Then she has a conversation with his butt. Then he shifts and says "My butt just hung up on you."