I don't know if it was the Easter candy, the ham, or a bug but Max's tummy gave him trouble all night. By the fourth time he woke up crying and throwing up I was so sleep-deprived I yelled out, "This night sucks!"
I immediately felt bad, but you see, in between all of Max's hurling episodes I was having weird dreams. Dreams that I was trying to run through deep water while keeping my watch from getting wet. Then I was trying to meet JB for dinner on a cruise ship and I couldn't be late. When I got there I threw my watch in the air in front of him.
I don't need this dream-defining article that popped up on MSN's home page this morning to tell me that my subconscious was extremely worried about missing my alarm and being late for work this morning. I didn't miss the alarm. It rang right at 3:30 AM, 20 minutes after one of Max's trips to the toilet.
But good news this morning. He's feeling better, and I am surprisingly not too tired. Yet.
------------------
POST EDIT
Not long after posting this I changed "This night sucks!" to "This is one of the worst nights, EVER!" The first version looked so harsh. But, in the interest of truth, it is what I said in the wee small hours of the morning.
Also, when will I learn the messy and painful lesson not to give someone too much to eat when they have a troubled tummy? Max had a hearty lunch after saying he felt much better. One hour later it all came back up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Mary, what a horrible night! I'm so sorry :( I'll try to remember not to interrupt naptime this afternoon.
'Kay, I have to giggle though because I remember one Sunday I spent all morning puking while everyone tried to get ready for church around me. Apparently through the bathroom wall you heard, "I will never eat cherry pie again!" I don't remember saying it but I do remember you teasing me for it. People say the funniest things around vomit.
Ugh that is not fun. Ashy was puking a few weeks ago. There is nothing worse than having kids that are throwing up. I'm glad he's feeling better.
I don't know how you do it, being a mom with two cute little boys and work! But see, your work is early in the morning! I could never ever do it! I need my sleep! You are my Hero! And then having to deal with a sick kid-my True Hero:)
Post a Comment