Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Soccer

Max had his first soccer game on Saturday. Rather, I had my first soccer game on Saturday. The boy was terrified to be alone on the field. Coach said it was ok to hold his hand and help him along.

At first we thought, what is wrong with our child? Why is he so clingy? But other moms were quick to reassure me that their first child also was nervous/shy/hesitant at their first soccer games too. They haven't seen an older sibling play. Heck, they may never have seen anyone play soccer that close. From Max's perspective it was probably like, "You want me to do what? Run around and get kicked in the shins?"

This is why I think Benny will be more than ready to play on a team when he's old enough.


By the end Max let go of my hand a few times and kicked the ball. He even took a team picture. But he wouldn't let me leave his side for the solo picture.

6 comments:

Suz said...

I had no idea you were so into soccer too. I love that you are wearing the team colors too.

Soul-Fusion said...

you look great! How come you weren't on that crazy 41st ward co-ed team way back when? We always needed girls.

Sarah said...

Mom looks hot out there on the field!! Too cute:) Maybe next week he won't be as scared.

Sarah Preston said...

adorable! You should help their team out and kick the ball once in a while. The socks that he is obsessed with sure are cute

One of a dozen said...

I think my favorite picture is fearless Ben chasing after the soccer ball. You're right, he'll have no problem at all getting into team sports. What a funny pair of boys!

Lexie said...

I think it's sweet, all too soon, he won't want your hand, so I say soak it up. You must be the best mom there, if he loves you enough to go hand-in-hand on the field, right?