Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TV o' mine

More evenings now I forget I have DVR and I get caught up in my TV shows. Next thing I know it's 9 PM and I'm stomping around the house throwing my lunch and outfit together for the next day, brushing, flossing and washing and calculating how much sleep I'll get if I fall asleep RIGHT NOW and wake up at 3:30 AM for work. I can't help it, I love these shows.


The Amazing Race
JB and I watch this together, wondering if we could make it in a race around the world. We'd have to start calling each other "babe" all the time, and argue . I think he should race with his sister Suzanne instead. I'm scared of heights, bikes and tropical fruit.



Desperate Housewives
My guilty pleasure. All the soap and indecency aside, I like the show's revelations about relationships between spouses and friends. It's also gasp-inspiring and addictive. Juicy!


Dancing With the Stars
Those Houghs are so talented. They make me want to dye my hair even blonder, go back in time and work harder in my college ballroom dance classes. Sassy.



Priviledged
I started watching this new CW show because one critic said it was similar to Gilmore Girls, in writing and delivery. Since I loved that snappy show I signed on for this one. Not bad, but too much ending of conversations with someone making a snarky final comment and walking away. That doesn't happen much in real life. People follow you and keep talking.


Eli Stone
I'm giving this another go. I dropped out last season but I like the concept and I laugh out loud sometimes. Anytime a whole cast breaks into a song and dance I approve. It's probably because I grew up watching musicals where song and dance just happened all the time.


America's Next Top Model
Another guilty pleasure. But I use the DVR, and fast-forward through everything but the challenge, photo shoot and reveal of the girl who must "return to the house, pack up her things, and go home." Fierce.


The Office
Love it. Love it love it love it. I'm starting to say "yesh" like Michael Scott when I answer in the affirmative. I have also dreamed twice about Jim and Pam getting married. Maybe I watch to much, yesh?




Honorable mentions
My Name is Earl, news programs, college football, Jazz basketball, Jon and Kate Plus 8, American Idol, SYTYCDance, anything on Food Network (although Giada makes me want to curl my hair, apply more eyeshadow and wear low-cut tops more than cook Italian food).




Shows I read about, always hear others rave about but have no time for
Lost, Prison Break, 24, Doctor Who, House, Pushing Daisies, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, Chuck.

7 comments:

autumn said...

Mwhahahah....Everytime I watch Giada, intsead of going to my kitchen, I go upstairs to paint my nails.

Anonymous said...

I think I can guess who's talking about Prison Break, Doctor Who, Pushing Daisies, How I Met Your Mother, and Chuck. But you left out Project Runway, Primeval, The Graham Norton Show, Heroes, and Torchwood ;)

Crazy how addicted we can get to the television. I tell you what, DVR is a wonderful thing! And I totally hear you on ANTM. It's much more interesting when you don't have to listen to all the house drama, who-hates-who, who's too arrogant for their own good, etc. I'm also very pleased NOT to be watching the "My Life as a Covergirl" spots. Bless you, DVR inventor!

AO said...

This is hilarious.... My husband LOVES Amazing Race....and I have pondered if we got on it, if we could survive :) since any time I have watched it the "happy couples" always get SO upset with each other. You make me laugh. Love your posts.

merebuff said...

I would like to add Big Bang Theory and Friday Night Lights, claro. If you miss Gilmore Girls witty dialogue, you would really enjoy Puching Daisies. It's brilliant.
I stopped watching ANTM a while ago. Tyra made me angry when she named Saleisha the winner. Grrrr.

Jacks said...

Clin and I would be the fighting couple on Amazing Race. We watch it so that I can sit there and say - I would never, ever do that. And when they visited Madagascar - it was like I was back in my mission. Awesome.

Merebuff - i stopped watching ANTM because Tyra was driving me insane. But I still DVR in case I need to catch up.

Okay - I now must add my 2 cents regarding shows to add:
Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, 30 Rock, Project Runway, Top Design, Top Chef, Mad Men, Lost.

And in regards to Giada - a bit of info: a chef in Jackson Hole who was highlighted on her FoodNetwork Weekend Getaways told us she had the palette of a goat.

JoLynn said...

Roger showed me your blog-cute!

Ma Heather and Pa Craig said...

I absolutely love the Office! "That's what she said." I highly recommend Lost if you ever have time to watch all the seasons to get caught up. It's not a show that you can start in the middle of, but it is definately worth the time. Have fun watching your shows!