The title of my last post reminded my sister of the scene and song from Dumbo, "Baby Mine." It's when Dumbo sees his mom again -- she's jailed, and all he sees is her trunk. She scoops him up in her trunk and rocks him, and the lullaby is: Baby Mine, don't you cry.
Baby mine, dry your eyes.
Rest your head close to my heart
never to part
baby of mine.
It makes me cry every time! I don't know how to upload video yet but here's the link to it on YouTube.
I sing it to my little boys at night sometimes and I still get choked up.
By the way I loved elephants all growing up. Maybe because of Dumbo. Is it wrong to say I think my sweet baby looks like that adorable baby elephant around the eyes and cheeks?

I also loved pigs growing up. Maybe because piglets really are cute little babies too.
3 comments:
Dumbo is a pretty great movie, although kind of disturbing in places. Pink elephants on parade? I'm 30 years old and it's still scary! Benny would make an adorable elephant with his big eyes and kissable cheeks. Awwww...
Side note, isn't it crazy what you can find on YouTube?
Baby Mine is the only song my daughters want to sing before bed. Every. Day.
I love that song. When Kastyn was a baby I used to sing it to her while we danced every day before her afternoon nap. It is just a beautiful song! I'm glad you love it too!
Post a Comment