Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My eyebrows

Permit me a moment of self-indulgence here. I need some advice about my eyebrows. They are quite blonde, and I've colored them for years with a pencil. But I noticed with a shock last night in the mirror that I'm getting rather careless with the pencil. Sometimes I'm in such a hurry, it looks like I've drawn a line above my eyes. I hate this look on other people, now I'm sporting it myself! I demanded JB's opinion -- "Do you think my eyebrows look like a slim line?" He said, "I always thought you were going for that look." Ahhhh!

Me without the eyebrow enhancement:
Me with the eyebrows penciled on:
I've tried powder and an eyebrow brush, but it seems to wear off by the end of the day, leaving splotchy/spotty eyebrows. What do you think? Anyone out there have a similar problem?

11 comments:

autumn said...

Alas, I've always had the problem of people seeing too much of my eyebrows. But, go to the MAC counter. Ask an expert, drop some cash and I daresay your eyebrow problems will be over. Mmm...dropping cash at the MAC counter sounds fun. Lets go together. I can ask them about my tan stash. I have a tan on my upper lip that makes me look like a man.

Anonymous said...

Also, sometimes salons will take care of eyebrows at the same time they're doing your hair. Next time you go in, see if they can maybe darken them a shade?

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing because today my eyebrows look like lines too - and in the sunlight the "blonde" pencil I use turns orange. Not pretty! Sometimes I have the opposite problem, I draw them in like inverted V's. Makes me look angry. Back off, yo! I went to the MAC counter and they taught me how to draw them correctly. Now, whether I actually do it depends on how much time I have before rushing off to work...

Sabrina said...

I dont have that same problem, but i have enjoyed a good eye brow tint! I think that works really well. And it last for a while and it is not that expensive. a nice light brown would look great on you.

Sarah Preston said...

I have the same problem as you! I once got them tinted at a place called skin works in salt lake, I was getting them waxed and it was just a little bit extra to get it done.
I also do the MAC thing and I like it, I also have the upper lip tan problem that autumn has and MAC helps too

Angelle said...

Have you ever thought about tinting your eyebrows, I think Juile Stout may even do it. I've thought about it myself actually!

Jacks said...

I say just shave them off - then you can tell everyone that you are totally going for that look. I have eyebrow problems too - they grow way too long and all in the wrong directions. I can't keep up on trimming and would love to shave them off. Want to join me?

Dr. LeAnne Deardeuff, D.C. said...

Okay,
This is the queen of no eyebrows here. The one who gave the look to Mary and Rebekah and the one who insists that her husband had better resurrect her with some. As a matter of fact, I thought of using Stephen's perfect brows, covet, to enhance my photos.
So what is the MAC counter?
My friend told me to get my brows tattooed on. (and I don't mean a drum beat.) She said she did hers 15 years ago and has been happy ever since. She loves it! They look good.

Anonymous said...

MAC is a cosmetics company like Clinique or Lancome. The only department store I've seen them in is Nordstrom, although I've heard we have a MAC store on the Country Club Plaza here in Kansas City.

Carole said...

Be careful with the tatoo - You don't want brown eyebrows..... And if you ever want to change the shape – or the color of your hair -well too bad!

After using the powder have you ever tried using an eyebrow sealer? Anastasia has one.

One of my favorite items is liquid eyebrow color - it comes in a tube like mascara and you brush it on - like mascara - lancome has it in blonde, I used to use origins - they had a blonde one also and it was cheaper. I have no clue where to buy origins anymore or whether they still have it.

Carole said...

oops - let me clarify about the tatoos - if you ever want to change the shape of your eyebrow (not your hair) or the color of your hair- then too bad.