I usually put Max down around 1 and he sleeps until 3. I tuck Ben in bed with me, and he nurses and falls asleep. But lately he’s been so squirmy and wiggly I can’t stand it. I’ll drift off to sleep and wake up with a baby bum or foot in my face. So today I thought I could put Ben in his crib at the same time as Max napped. Again, wrong, wrong, wrong.

1:00. Ben in bed. He’s fussing it out a little but drifting off.
1:10 Max changed and tucked in bed.
1:11 I jump in my bed.
1:12 Max hollers out to me to cover him up. It wakes Ben up.
1:13 Binkie in Ben’s mouth, Max covered up.
1:30 I hear a suspicious noise. I peek in. Max is INSIDE THE CRIB with Ben.
1:30 ½ I rush Max back into his bed, and put Ben’s binkie back in. I remove the diaper boxes by the side of the crib that Max climbed on to get in.
1:40 Ben is still fussing it out. Max hollers at him to “Be quiet Ben, I told you about that!”
1:45 I go in there and ask Max to please be quiet and stop talking to Ben so he can fall asleep.
1:50 I hear the pitter-patter of little feet. I put Max back in his bed, rock Ben and put him back in his crib. I go back to my bed.
2:00 It’s quiet. Good. A peek in the door shows Ben asleep, but Max standing by the bookshelf. I tuck him back in.
2:20 I’ve just drifted off, when I hear a thump and a bump. Not good. Max has pulled the diaper changing pad to the ground and strapped himself on it. “I’m poopy,” he says.
2:30 Max is all changed and tucked back in. Ben still sleeping. I go back to bed.

2:40 Max starts singing. It wakes Ben and me up. I stomp in there and try to get both boys to sleep for just a little bit longer, please!
2:50 I give up. Ben and I go out to the living room but I keep Max in bed for the hope he’ll go to sleep.
3:00 Max hollers out, “I’m awake mommy!” Of course you are.
8 comments:
Oh no! I hear you - if nap time destructs, so do I. What a day. You have gained the sympathy from this corner of the web.
Oh my! I'll pray for you that that is not a new emerging pattern!
Those pictures of Ben are adorable though! Totally remind me of what Harrison is doing right now in his crib.
I am still laughing about Max and the whole diaper change. Sorry about the no naps. If I had any idea on how to fix the problem I would help, as it is, I am the worst at getting my children to sleep.
You should get together with my sister sometime and swap naptime horror stories!
The whole "I'm poopy" thing is just too precious! (Probably not for you at the moment though...)
I can understand that nap time is very precious to you. Sorry to say, but it sounds like Max is out growing the naps. Never a good day. Here is what I do if I am feeling super tired. (I feel bad saying that because I don't get up that early but sometimes there are just those nights) So when it is "nap time" for us it is quiet time too. Meaning if it is that time of day I put a movie on and the baby and sometimes Jaxon will sleep and the other two will watch a movie. They have to either sit and watch the movie or do some other quiet activity. If I am exhausted then I will lay down on the couch and snooze for a bit. I don't know if it would work for you but maybe it is worth a shot. Good Luck!!
Wow Mary... This makes me tired just reading it!
I know how that goes... my two share a room... and nap time is no longer on Caitlin's 'To Do' list... at least Will still takes naps! yea!
Oh Mary, it sounds so familiar, only I don't do a morning show - I don't know how you do it, you are incredible! Congrats to Max on the poytty-training & congrats to you too, it's a job for the whole family!
Oh, that is too funny.... I'm amazed at all you can do with your two boys :)
Post a Comment