
Water to our whole street was turned off suddenly, with no warning yesterday. The hydrant at the end had a leak, and they came to fix it in the afternoon. But they didn't tell us. Still mad about that.
The outage lasted probably about 5 hours. We had some old acquaintances over for dinner, too. Here we are, trying to make them comfortable and we had no, ahem, facilites available. Cooking wasn't too bad b/c we were grilling, but washing hands, going to the bathroom, drinking, the air conditioning, bathtime -- all affected. Thankfully the water came back on in time to get ready for bed. It felt weird pouring Evian water into the toilet tank.
I felt like I was in another country. This is America people, we need our water! It's scary to think if something like that happened for a longer time period. We have lots of large and small bottles of water stored in the basement, but this taught me we need so much more.
2 comments:
Well, about 5 minutes after I read your blog, I went to put Douglas in the bath. I was shocked to find that we had virtually no water pressure. There was a big water main break in town today and it just now came back but we are on a boil order until further notice. What did they do in days without indoor plumbing? We can hardly make it a day. Plus, there was a sad little boy who would have loved to play with the hose today ;(
How awful Andrea! I think we adults could tough it out for a little while at least, but it's sad when our children are bummed.
Post a Comment