Monday, July 28, 2008

Max's birthday

Hard to believe three years ago our little guy came into the world. The first thing the nurse said was "look at those lips!" Then they all guessed how much he'd weigh -- I was due August 11th but an ultrasound at 37 weeks estimated he was already 9 pounds 3 ounces. So I was induced July 26 and he was born about 1 AM on the 27th. He weighed 8 pounds 4 ounces. So much for my worries he'd be huge!


He got one of his presents early, from our neighbors, and slept with it at naptime and that night --a cash register their kids used to play with.
Here he is blowing out his candle. I made the cake (from a box) and frosting (from scratch). I want to take a cake deocrating class someday, but I think it turned out OK.
Aunt Suzanne gave him a t-ball set and helped him try it out.
He loved his new suitcase. My funny boy had been asking for one for months. Nona found one with his name on it! His cousin Nathanael is on the scooter behind him.
JB's smoker is behind Nathanael. He made smoked pulled pork for dinner. Yumscrumpilicious. Ben liked gnawing this corn cob.
Max I think was a little overwhelmed by the end of the day and slept quite soundly. But I think he had a nice day!

No comments: