
For a few months Max stopped talking about deer, and I thought he was over his fear/fascination but in the past month he's been talking about deer again, nonstop.
I thought that watching "Bambi" would help Max get over his deer fear. I don't think it worked. He doesn't seem to think of Bambi as a deer.
At night as I tuck him in he says, "Deer won't eat me. Deer don't come inside." Once he said, "Deer won't get my toes because I have feet pajamas on." No wonder he keeps asking to wear the feeties. He also wants me to make sure deer won't eat Benny in his crib. I told him, "Mommy and Daddy will protect you. The deer never come inside." Yet I heard him tell his little friend Lincoln the other day, "A deer came up the stairs and bit my fingers." Either he has a vivid imagination or he dreamed that and thinks it's fact.
He asks if deer poop. Yes, son, they do. Everyone poops, as we learned from a book from the library that we read over and over a few months ago during the great pooping crisis of 2008 (thankfully that's all in the past now).
This is all because he saw deer in his grandparents' backyard last March and now he wonders if they'll be coming back, or coming to our house this time. I told him the deer like to eat plants and bushes but really don't like people, so now he'll reassure me: "Deer don't like people. They are afraid of us!" Yet I still think deep down he is afraid of them. Weird!
1 comment:
LOL! I just can't handle the "Deer" stories they are just too hilarious. Keep them coming! :)
Post a Comment