Monday, September 29, 2008

Other things my little boys love

My boys love rocks, snails, hammers and strong hard wood.
Benny thought these rocks and dirt were pretty tasty in our backyard.
Max meanwhile used a toy hammer to work on his playset, and had me hand up a spare piece of "strong hard wood" for him to work on.
The term "strong hard wood" comes from a Noah's Ark storybook we have, where Noah built an ark from strong hard wood. Max can no longer separate those terms in his vocabulary.

After his construction project he helped me hunt for snails in our flower beds. By the way, I am not a gardener and really have no idea what plans we have in our beds. I try to maintain what the previous homeowners planted before we bought the house four years ago. Max is fasinated and repulsed by the snails at the same time. As am I.

2 comments:

Lexie said...

I'm so glad you guys have a supply of strong hard wood so he could finish his project. What cuties!

Suz said...

Conversations with Max seem to always make more sense after I have read your blog. The other day told me he built his slide that you bought at Home Depot. He has a great imagination and apparently wants to grow up to build things like his Uncle Jeff.