But I think they are out of style (Boo! Hiss!)
I bought these brown pants (slacks? trousers?) probably seven years ago at the outlets with my friend Autumn. They were kinda tight then, and I've worn them off and on over the years. But now they fit great after months of walking and walking and walking while pushing a double stroller, and holding a 21 pound nine-month old on my hip as I go around the house. But, are they really that cute/stylish/flattering?
Notice the flare, bell-bottom-type thing going on.

I've come up with a solution. Time for new pants! Seven years is long enough.
I'm also going through my closet this week and tossing stuff that is a)obviously out of style and b)I never ever wear. Included in this list: a long black skirt with pockets on the sides I thought was cute when I was TWENTY. Also, a tight red striped shirt, teeny polo top that just doesn't meet the top of my pants anymore, and jean skirt with a slit in the front. Not quite appropriate for a mother of two. I haven't worn these items in years and years but somehow they still sit in the back of the closet.
Ladies, who is with me -- it's shopping time.
3 comments:
I think I remember that black skirt! :D
I've replaced the contents of my closet slowly over the last year. Now I actually feel slightly stylish when I come to campus, instead of looking like the old ladies in the Cashier's and Housing Offices...ugh!
The pants don't look bad. Stacy and Clinton would tell you that while flares aren't flattering, a straight-leg bootcut is. It's hard to tell from the picture but they don't look flared to me. Congrats on the rockin' body :)
I try (but mostly fail) to get rid of anything I haven't worn in a year. I also try to sort through my closet a couple of times a year to make this assessment. The exception to the not worn it in a year rule is if I can wear it in the next two weeks I can keep it (or I will decide I hate it) or if it was an absolute favorite item of clothing. Then I just store it away somewhere. I keep very few items like that - a favorite flannel shirt from high school, a beloved dress from college (which is saying a lot since I hated dresses and skirts then). I guess I let myself keep iconic items that I'm not necessarily wearing, just keeping.
And thanks for tracking me down Mary! It was great getting a comment from you!
Post a Comment