This picture doesn't even do it justice. When I walked outside, our tree looked gorgeous with its green and gold against the darkening sky. I LOVE fall. But this tree is a goofy one. It doesn't drop its leaves until almost Spring.
Monet to Picasso at the UMFA. It was so crowded -- it felt like I was back in the museums in Europe with all the tourists. Good and bad -- bad, crowded (though it's encouraging to see so many appreciating art). Good, the artwork. Great, fabulous brushstrokes and colors of impressionism, realism, cubism and every other ism I grew to love as a humanities minor. Also some sculpture, including Rodin. I tried to explain it all to Benny but he just kicked and squealed in the stroller. So we left without too much more deep thinking next to "The Thinker."
Then I went grocery shopping and came home to feed myself and the baby art-appreciater. For him: Gerber's chicken and vegetables. For me: Albertson's fried chicken from the deli and shrimp from the seafood case. Plus a piece of toast and a handful of grapes. I really eat so funny when JB is gone. Last weekend when he went to the U of U-Michigan game in Ann Arbor with his dad, I made the craziest dish for dinner for Max and me. It started out fine -- pasta, white sauce, chicken, yellow squash. Then I added hot dogs. Oh yes, chopped up hot dogs. I think I hoped Max would eat it (he didn't) and I wanted to use up some leftovers.
I also watch crazy things on TV while my remote-controller is gone. I sneakily watch "America's Next Top Model," even though I think I will drop it this season. The first episode was pretty awful. I end up watching either "America's Funniest Home Videos" or a classic TV show or movie. Last weekend it was "Yours Mine and Ours" starring Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball. Tonight, "What's Up Doc" with Madeline Kahn. I list her first because she really is the funniest part of the movie.
1 comment:
Sounds like you have a little art critic in the making :) ANTM is pretty awful. How far do you think the she-male will make it? I can't watch her without thinking of Tim Curry in The Rocky Horror Picture Show: "I'm just a sweet transvestite..."
I found a HILARIOUS news story and I had to post it somewhere, so ta-da! It's my URL :)
Post a Comment