Thursday, September 18, 2008

F is for Football

We have had a lot of fun so far this college football season, mainly because both our teams are 3-0, but also because we've gone to some games. JB and his dad flew to Ann Arbor to watch their Utes take on Michigan in the Big House.
The Utes won, 25-23. A historic win.
Compare that red, with this blue:
Last Saturday I went to Lavell Edwards Stadium to watch my Cougs take on UCLA. If you can see the scoreboard, it says BYU 59 UCLA 0. Also a historic win.

I went with some other BYU fans from my neighborhood. Most of us are married to Utah men, so we stick together. We are sitting on the last row in the north endzone, the only spot for 5 cheap tickets in a row. We got baked, but had fun.

Now here's hoping both our teams do well this season, and that JB and I survive the rivalry game one more year. It's right after our anniversary, which seems to bode well for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so wanted to make it to Ann Arbor for that Ute game! But mostly I just wish I could watch more Ute games out this way.
Oh, and glad BYU is winning too, it will make the victory even sweeter when the Utes win in November :)

(I assume trash talk is allowed)

AO said...

Go Cougars! I think I have actually sat on that exact same row....