-Crumpled newspaper. I always have to fold it back up nicely. JB is quite patient with this behavior of mine.
-Twice now in the last week I've had my windows rolled down in the car to enjoy the cool breeze. Each time I've smacked a mosquito snacking on my arm. Ugh.
-I'm fine with other people wearing socks in the summer. But I can't do it. My feet feel hot, constricted, and confused. So I wear sandals or flats or heels without socks. But now that it's fall, I can with a clear conscience wear socks because I love my boots. It's almost boot weather, yippee!
-Apostrophes. I'm far from perfect at grammar, or at this crazy English language of ours with all its rules. But apostrohpes used incorrectly are a sore spot. I think we just type so fast we don't realize our pinkie has popped it in again when we add an s to things. "Its" and "it's" (it is) can also be confusing for some people. I've done it, and I hate it.
Examples from my everyday life:
Incorrect usage:
The Smith’s live here
Happy Holiday’s
Local Author’s come together for benefit
Go Ute’s
Cd’s and DVD’s for sale
It happened in the 1970’s
Its time for lunch
The cat lost it's tail
Correct usage:
The Smiths live here
Happy Holidays
Local Authors come together for benefit
Go Utes
CDs and DVDs for sale
It happened in the 1970s
It's time for lunch
The cat lost its tail
Anybody else have any weird pet peeves?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, weird pet peeves...gotta love them. I don't know if mine are weird, but I can't stand people who slurp their soup, chew with their mouths (mouth's? hee hee) open, incorrect usage of the word 'ergo,' poor spelling (especially in this age of spell checking...it's just lazy!), runs in other womens nylons, chipped nail polish, etc...
Do I qualify as weird? :D
Completely peeved over long finger nails and stickers on anything.
Oh. I also thought, Hummers.
Post a Comment