Friday, April 11, 2008

Some observations

1)I love semi-sweet chocolate chips. I've stopped closing the bag in the pantry because I know I'll be back soon for another small morsel of goodness. I should save some for baking because I love JB's choc chip cookies even more. I did make a pie from them once, with a recipe from a yummy book my sister gave me for Christmas.


2) Why does a visit to the doctor take so long? Those with ties to the medical profession, please enlighten me. Our appointment this week for Ben's 4 month check-up took two hours from start to finish. The actual visit with the doctor was about 20 minutes of that, and the shots took five minutes. Yesterday I had a post-op check. It took an hour and a half before the doctor came in, and she was done in 2 minutes. The stuff with the nurse (weight, blood pressure, etc) took about five minutes. I get there on time but the doctor never does. Is it the office manager or receptionist not scheduling the appointments right? Or not rescheduling patients when the OB-GYN has to go deliver a baby (like yesterday)? Is it other patients taking too long with the doctor? Is it the nurse forgetting to tell the doctor that we are waiting with a hungry baby in the room? Or did the nurse forget to tell my doctor I was waiting on the exam table FOREVER, while feeling an increasingly strong and uncomfortable need to feed my baby waiting at home?


3) This girl cannot park! The first time I saw her pull in I thought, wow, maybe she thinks those yellow lines are suggestions. The second time on another day I thought, maybe she's crazy. The third time I thought, "I've got to take a picture." Perhaps she doesn't want anyone to park near her so the Mustang isn't dinged by car doors? This is almost as good as the Jeep I saw over the winter parked halfway up a snowbank in the last parking stall. One good push and that Jeep would have toppled over.

4) I sure shed a lot of hair these days. After Max was born I was shedding a lot, and my hair stylist said it's because when you're pregnant your body holds onto it all. But these last four months I just pull out handfulls of hair when I comb or brush. If you want to find me, just follow the trail of quasi-blonde hair.

1 comment:

autumn said...

I triple dog dare you to go park right next to her car. I too love chocolate chips. Maybe that is why we are friends. Sean has plenty to say about doctor offices...and how they need to do better.