Thursday, April 24, 2008

My hair

Do you ever go somewhere with different lighting than your home and realize you look different than you thought? I realized with a shock in a bathroom today that my hair is getting bad. I'm working on growing out highlights I got one year ago this month. Below is a picture I still have in my cell phone of that dye job:
It was pretty bright blonde! After this highlight job I found out I was pregnant with Benjamin. I was nervous to do too much to my hair while pregnant, so it started growing out. It was bad. I got over the nervousness and tried to dye it closer to my original darker blonde to disguise the re-growth somewhat. That dye job is now growing out, and it faded on the bottom, so I have tri-colored hair. Darker roots, lighter middle, even lighter ends. I thought I was getting away with it until the bathroom this morning with the different lighting. I took a picture just moments ago:


I must do something about this before people secretly tape me and nominate me for a make-over show ("Radio reporter/mom of two stops caring about her hair. The clothing goes next. Stacy and Clinton step in to help.")

It's not too bad in the picture I guess. But in the mirror it looked like candy corn. My sister says the best way to get rid of highlights besides a re-do is a haircut. Maybe I should get a bob?! But I've been thinking of trying longer hair again. This whole post may seem shallow but I really think a lot of women agonize over their hair -- I just blogged about my struggle.

I also found this picture in my cell phone I took last week of Max wearing a woven purse as a hat. Beside him is the other basket-purse his cousin Emily was playing with. Apparently he confiscated them both.

By the way, my foot is feeling much much better. No visit to the doctor, just some pain meds and rest. Remember that episode from "The Office" Season Two where Michael Scott burned his foot in a George Foreman grill and complained about it all day? In secret Ryan the intern crushed up some aspirin, put it in pudding and gave it to Michael and he felt tons better. That's kind of like me right now.

No comments: