Last week I wore the blue one to work. A co-worker said, “Wow, that’s a bright blue.” I took it as a compliment and said, “I got it at Target!” He said, “That’s OK, sometimes I find clothes at Wal-Mart.” Apparently such shopping is something one does not admit. Or he’s saying we need to be paid more.
Today I wore the purple shirt with khaki pants. (That's a picture I took of myself in the mirror just moments ago.) The sports guys told me it reminds them of the colors of the Washington Huskies and Weber State. Then in a flash of horror I realized it’s also the colors of the Basehor Middle School Bulldogs, my middle school. All of a sudden I went from being a smiling, confident, 28-year-old news reporter, mother-of-two, happy wife -- to a painfully shy, awkward, pimply 13-year-old girl. I need my blankie.
7 comments:
LOL! I had to laugh so hard at this...I've been caught in the same trap. Thinking I was all that, and then realizing that really all it did was take me back to awkward years. Thanks for sharing!
There is NOTHING wrong with admitting you shop at Target. I LOVE Target! For heaven's sake, EVERYONE loves Target!
First of all that shirt does not look bright in the picture. And I love Target as well. I would rather have more clothes that are cheaper than one shirt that has a name brand. AHHH middle school. That is a time of life I try to clock out, along with all my school years.
You look HOT after just having a baby 4 months ago!!! Don't let your co-workers get to you!! You can find some cute stuff at Target-in fact I just came home with a new dress:)
LOL. I did not know you had a blog! Such knowledge makes me very happy indeed!
Oh, and I think you look like a sassy wonder-woman. I think people who don't dig a good deal are lamo.
Don't worry, I will still be a Target patron. Honestly, if it were even closer to my house, I'd probably be there every day. I'm bummed the cell phone picture really dims the purple color though.
Post a Comment