Max is now talking to the deer on his little phone, and talking about them in his prayers. He was afraid the first time he saw deer at his Nona's house -- now he's fascinated with the whole subject. Every day when we arrive or leave he peeks around to the backyard looking for deer. He asks me driving down the road to point out exactly where I saw a deer one day too.
A couple of times he mentioned in his prayers at night, "Help the deer not to hurt me." But I think he's getting over that fear. Now when I help him by saying, "Thank you for my nice day" he adds "And the deer." He asks me where the deer are now and I say they went back to the mountains.
But the kicker came Monday night. He scampered off the couch in the middle of a story, found his little phone (JB's old deactivated cell phone) flipped it open and proceded to talk to the deer: "Hello deer, how are you. Are you in the mountains? Oh. Ok. I'm just reading a story with my daddy." Then he held the phone up to JB's ear and said "Talk to deer." He even did it to me and to Ben (Ben just tried to eat the phone). Max kept going but we said, "Can you tell the deer it's our family night right now and you'll talk later?" He said ok, told the deer a gracious goodbye and hung up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha! I am laughing so hard. What an imingation Max has. What would he do if he saw many deer??
I'm so excited that you guys have a blog now. I love looking at all of your fun pictures. Your two boys are so cute and getting big too fast. We really need to plan a time to get together. We'll give you guys a call next week.
Post a Comment