Monday, April 28, 2008

Singers

I think Max should join our church choir. He loves to sing and sing loudly. He even holds a hymn book on his lap during the songs at church. The opening hymn on Sunday had "Victory" in the chorus a few times. He caught on quickly and was singing "VICTORY! VICTORY!" so loudly that I think I heard giggles around me. Tears were in my eyes from trying not to laugh. I didn't want him to distract others but I also didn't want to shush him because he really was serious. He wanted to sing like everybody else (except a little too loudly).

JB said the other morning as he was getting the boys out the door Ben started to get sad so JB asked Max to sing to him while he loaded the car. Soon the sweet but shouting strains of "I AM A CHILD OF GOD!!!!" were filling the block.

Sometimes I think I may sing too loudly. Case in point, last week in Young Womens. I was hunting for something (probably a snack) so I joined in about halfway through the opening song. All of a sudden a few heads turned to look at me. Whoops, came in a little strong.

At the same time Ben is starting to discover his voice. Sometimes I wonder if he's yelling for help but it's just experimental squealing. So we kept putting his pacifier in at church so people wouldn't think we are just a loud family.

4 comments:

Heather and Adam Parry said...

I know what you mean. Jessica was the one singing jsut the week before. And I had three rows ahead and the rows to the side of us just cracking up. It is too hard to "sush" them while they are so cute. I don't want to discourage them from trying to sing praise. They are so cute. (Yes, I heard him three rows in front of you.)

autumn said...

Hilarious! I also love the blog about your hair, if I had enough energy I would've left a really long comment about different colors of blond.

katie b. p. said...

Oh, it was just finally someone with a good voice was joining in (during YWs)! Max was hilarious during sacrament and the giggling was me, but it was spiritual giggling...

Unknown said...

I would have loved to have heard little Max singing so loudly. Our YW president sings loudly, but I just attribute that to her being in musical theatre.