Sunday, March 28, 2010

Soccer 2010


(Max is the tall one. Benny is the one in Blue)

Max's soccer season started on Saturday -- ipso facto/ergo, Benny's "soccer season" started Saturday too. Benny thinks he is on the team, even though he is too young to play. He warmed up with the team beforehand, but once the game started he had to sit on the sidelines. He had a meltdown, but a treat helped:


Benny has been wearing Max's soccer uniform from last year for days now. Days I tell you! A couple of the other younger siblings of kids on Max's team were also wearing last year's uniforms. Since Max's team is called the Fighting Cherries, we have dubbed the younger crew the Mini-Cherries or the Cherry Pits.

I was very proud of Max. He listened to Coach very well, and ran with the rest of the pack after the ball (last year I had to hold his hand and run with him for the first couple of games). Next week we will work on actually getting a kick in there.


Look how tall Max is compared to the other pre-schoolers. Seeing his blonde curly head running around just warms my heart.

3 comments:

Sarah Preston said...

Max looks so great! I hope to catch one of his games

Rachelle said...

He's definitely the cutest kiddo on the team! (Sorry to the other moms who may read this, but I'm partial to those blond curls!)

Angelle said...

So adorable! Great Mom to let Max work it playing the best sport ever. :) Also, great wife for giving JB some serious public props on KSL this morning. It made me jealous of the powerful tool you have to use if you ever needed to dig yourself out of any marital discord. Which I am sure you'd never need, just an observation...