Remember those lean, poor days of college when all you ate were baked potatoes because you got some amazing deal like 10 pounds for a dollar at the grocery store? Well I do.
During that time of my life I pulled together 40 dollars to buy a nice black skirt. Every girl needs a black skirt, right? This one was from the mall. I wore it once, and the next time I went to wear it it needed to be ironed.
I pulled out the old iron that had been in that apartment since probably the days my parents went to BYU, and plopped it down right in the middle of the skirt to start pressing. And it burned a hole right in the middle of my 40 dollar skirt. I cried.
I haven't really ironed much since. My favorite methods of de-wrinkling are the dryer and the shower. But last Sunday morning I decided to pull out the iron for time reasons. It's newer, it's nicer, but still I hesitated. JB explained how to change the settings, and away I went.
The dress was fine -- even better than I expected. Gladly I tackled the boys' Sunday pants and shirts, and then asked JB if he had anything he needed ironing. "No," he smiled, "They are done."
And that is reason number 121 why I love my husband. He irons his own clothes.
PS Another reason -- leftovers this morning. The man can COOK.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seriously? JB irons too. Are Bart and JB really related or was there some switch up at birth?
What's an iron? :o)
Those little life lessons stick with you a long time. I bought a wool sweater at the mall, in high school (so I wasn't quite as poor) then washed it and threw it in the dryer. Now I am obsessed with label reading!!!
That is funny that you are not much of an ironer(is this a word?) My mom was and still is BIG in ironing-so that is what I grew up with. I learned from her-and yes, I am the one who irons all my husbands shirts and pants-but not every week-just every other week.I was the girl in college who started to iron her jeans-and got some wierd looks-so I stopped doing that. I guess you don't have to iron every piece of clothing.
Post a Comment