Monday, June 30, 2008

The Adventures of Max

On Sundays Max misses his nap, and Ben never sleeps well at church (I don't either. The guilt gets to me. And the loud sleepy breathing gives me away). So if we aren't at Nona and Grampa's for dinner, I take the boys on a walk for a snooze.
I put the stroller in the sun for a better shot of their faces.
But the title of this post applies in part to another sleeping problem for Max. He got out of bed twice last night. What's the deal? He always has gone 7p-7a with no problems. JB caught him last night the first time. We thought it was an intruder -- it scared me half to death. Then at 1 AM I caught him dragging his blanket to the couch just like it was morning. He never said anything each time he got out of bed though. Also, JB and I both have gone in there to retrieve a hungry Ben in the past and have found Max sleeping on the floor next to his bed. "Cover me up," he'll mumble.

His other adventures the past three days have been sad -- three big bonks in a row. He fell off the rope ladder at the elementary school playground on Friday and got a big rope burn/bruise on his neck. It's now yellow and red and not pretty. Then in nursery on Sunday he ran into the head of another child. I'm sure he saw stars, because his nose is bruised. Then later Sunday he slipped on our hardwood floor and bonked the front door. He's got a big goose egg and cut on his forehead. But he's been such a trooper about it all. He'll sometimes look in the mirror to check how his hurts are doing.

2 comments:

autumn said...

Such cute pictures! They are obviously brothers. We are having sleep problems over here, but not with Gracie. Anyway, Gracie has a lock on the outside of her door. I strongly recommend this. I sleep better knowing she's not drinking the drano hidden on the top shelf of the garage.

Mary said...

I forgot about that lock -- another reason why I love your house. I've got to get one!