On Wednesday, December 5, 2007 I thought I might be in labor, but I wasn't sure (I was induced with Max). Ben was due December 15 so I thought maybe it was just false labor. Still, I kept calling my mom, asked all the other Young Women leaders questions at the activity that night, and made JB very nervous when he went to a basketball game that night. With no changes, I went to bed and went to work like normal the next morning, December 6, at 4 AM. But by the time I went to a story at 8 AM I was feeling very funny (Mitt Romney's Faith in America speech. I'll always remember it b/c of my labor!). The photographers said I didn't look so good. I thought I was just tired/hungry plus the usual pregnancy woes. But while I was doing a live shot at 10 AM, I felt contractions coming on very strong. I freaked the intern out sitting next to me as I put my head down next to the microphone. I called JB and told him to meet me at the hospital -- I was wasting no time because I had done two stories already that month about people having babies before they got to the hospital.
Well, turns out I just can't stand pain. I wasn't that far along, but far enough along to be admitted at a 3+ and 80 percent effaced. I got an epidural by mid-afternoon and at 8pm the nurses told me his arm was still above his head. But the doctor got him to pop his hand down in time. I pushed for 20 minutes and Benjamin John came at 9:02 PM, weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces. He had spiky darkish blonde hair and was just darling from the start.
I can't believe it's now six months later! Yesterday at his appointment he weighed 19 pounds 2 ounces, his hair is growing back finally and we can spike it up again. He's even more darling than ever.
1 comment:
What a cute little boy. Ella will be 6 months on the 14th. But doens't go in to see the doctors till the 20th. I am guessing she is about 16lbs. I liked your story. Yep, I guess you just don't like pain:)
Post a Comment