Thursday, September 17, 2009

One thing leads to another


I'm on my yearly Jane Austen kick. Last week I finished reading Sense and Sensibility, which meant I had to watch the movie again. I did so on Saturday and loved it all over again. Also loved the deleted scene where Edward (Hugh Grant) shly kisses Elinor (Emma Thompson).
But, this means I have to watch the other Sense and Sensibility now -- the one on last year's PBS Austen Marathon. I will be borrowing it from Suzanne soon.
This of course is not enough to satisfy my Austen craving. Now I must read Pride and Prejudice, then watch it -- the 2-week-long one and the Kiera Knightly one. My siblings don't like the Kiera Knightly one; I love it.
So where do I end it? Should I pick up Emma again? Or Persuasion? Those are really good books. They have two movies each, with their benefits. The blonde Emma and the blonde Captain Wentworth are my favorites. Then there's Mansfield Park ....
Maybe it's time to get back into Science Fiction.

4 comments:

Suz said...

I love Jane Austen. I have a whole section in my DVD collection. You are welcome to any you wish. I need to get you a few books to read too.

Alyssa said...

I vote Persuasion - it is one of my favorites.

Rachel Dear said...

I LOVE the Kiera Knightley version.
Matthew Macfayden is incredibly handsome.
Plus it's a good one to watch if you just want a taste of Austen rather than spending six hours feasting.

Angelle said...

I love everything Jane Austen. Sense and Sensibility is my favorite all time movie! I used to watch it every Sunday with my sister growing up. Enjoy them all!