Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Let that be a lesson to you

My project ever since my birthday in late July, has been putting the last 3 years of pictures into our albums. We had them all on CDs but just got behind. Way behind.


I'm not talking scrapbooking, all you creative ladies out there -- just putting the pictures in regular old sleeves in a book. It's been daunting, but full of memories (and lots of referring to my journal or this blog for the dates of some events).


Among some of the pictures, I found a younger Max:





A chubbier baby Benny:






And me interviewing then-Governor Olene Walker:




I now resolve never to get this far behind again.

6 comments:

The Joe said...

You're doing better than I did, it took me seven and a half years to put my mission pics in an album.

McInnes Family said...

You are so good to get caught up. I feel as if I am way to behind to catch up. I better get a move on it. It's so fun to look back at old pictures :) I am glad to see that Max is doing good with Preschool. He will love it!

Jacks said...

Man - great work. I still haven't started a baby book for my 2 year old. I will feel guilt for years over that one.

One thing that has helped me with the family pics, because I am NOT a scrap booker (too time consuming) is each Christmas I put all the pictures from the past year into one of those photo books you create online and then purchase. Then it becomes part of our Christmas present for that year. All in one skinny book, and I don't have to mess with heavy, sleevy books - or decorating. I've done one through Snapfish.com and one through WalMart.com.

It has changed my outlook on photos - I don't hate them so much...only a little.

JoLynn said...

I actually really liked her has Gov.

Angelle said...

I can't take it, that pic of Benny is too cute!!! I hope you kissed those chubby cheeks lots and lots.

Lexie said...

Ah, isn't it fun to have those little blasts from the past? Pictures are truly amazing for all the memories they bring back. Way to go on catching up, you're amazing!