Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bike riding

I love this post about my friend's 4-year-old riding a bike, because it's a lot like my 4-year-old's attempts to learn the skill. After weeks of cajoling, bribing and coaxing Max to go around a corner without jumping off in fright, he seems to have mastered it.

Now we just need to get past his "one block and I'm done" attitude. I need some exercise, people! This is all because at a tall 50 pounds, Max spills out of his side of the double stroller and sinks it down to the sidewalk. "Creak, creak" here comes that family wheeling around their 7-year-old!

3 comments:

The Joe said...

I suppose you could duct tape him to the seat...

Jacks said...

Wow a shout out! I'm' so glad that my daughter is not the only one slow at this. I really thought that bikes and kids go together. As soon as they met, it would be difficult just to get them to come inside. I was so wrong. And pushing Millie in the stroller? Ahhh, so hard.

One of a dozen said...

Hey, I'm impressed that he's already on a big boy bike at 4 years old. I don't think I lost the training wheels until I was at least 7. Can you fit his bike in your trunk and take him to a track to ride?