Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sleep is a changin'

Forgive me if I sound sleepy these days. Max is now in a toddler bed, and Ben is in the crib. You would think Max was the one having a hard time adjusting. Actually, so far he's been great -- it's Ben having trouble! Apparently he liked being crammed in that cozy bassinet. The crib is more spacious and I think it freaked him out. But he did much better last night.

Max loves showing off the big boy bed. It came from his new favorite relative, 2-year-old Eliana (JB's cousin's daughter. They played big time at the wedding reception). Uncle Scott delivered it and helped put it together so that was pretty cool for Max too. He shows it to all our visitors, and jumps up and down on it like a kangaroo.

He is turning into such a jumper. I keep telling him, "Don't jump on the bed/couch/chair/table because it will ruin our furniture." Part of me thinks maybe I should just let him do it. I loved jumping on the furniture when I was younger -- when did I become uncool? Then I realize I became uncool when I became a mom, and now I have to pay for new furniture if our stuff breaks. So I set aside one thing for jumping, climbing or rolling: the love sak my sister made us downstairs. Too bad I end up trying to take a nap on it while he kanagroos around me.

1 comment:

rosann said...

Mary - I found your blog through Heather Parry's (I think - maybe it was Danielle Hacking,s... I don't remember!!), but I love it!! Your boys crack me up - it just amazes me how Max goes and goes and goes... You are such a great Mom!!