I have been known to warn the boys not to jump on the couch/climb trees/goof off on concrete/climb the outside of a slide/you name it, because "You could crack your head open."
Imagine my shock when Max came running up the sidewalk from our neighbor's house recently crying, "Andy cracked my head open!"
He had a gash on the back of his head. He said Andy accidentally pushed a wooden swing and it hit him. Heads bleed a lot but JB knew right away it needed stitches.
I gave him my other homemade Pinterest icepack (JB took the other one to the Instacare almost exactly a year ago when a shovel cut his forehead. That icepack, too, did not return home. I liked how flexible it was) and he held it to his head as JB drove him away.
Despite all these active boys, we haven't had much in the way of trauma, so I gathered the littler boys and we said a prayer for Max, and soon JB texted this picture:
"With the numbing gel about to get stitched."
Brave smile.
In the end, they decided on 5 or 6 staples, because it was the back of his head under hair, and staples are much quicker in those cases, they said.
You could barely see them:
He got them out last Thursday, and the nurse put them in a cup for him. He left it at Uncle Joe and Aunt Sarah's house, but they are bringing them back for him for show and tell.
By the way, Andy and his mom and the neighbor with the swing were all so apologetic and horrified and brought Creamies over for Max. Benny almost wanted staples, too, so he could have his own box of Creamies. Andy told his mom they were playing a game where Max would try to miss the swing as he went under it while Andy pushed. Apparently they had a near miss right before and laughed in the face of danger, ha ha ha.
We are very glad it wasn't worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad he's all better. It really is amazing that these kinds of accidents don't happen more often. The older I get, the more I worry about everyone being safe. I bet Heavenly Father gets sick of my daily pleadings for my little family to be safe.
I'll be in town on Wednesday, I'm thinking Max will be very excited to be reunited with his staples. But for now they make an interesting conversation piece on our kitchen table.
AWESOME...Max has had staples in his head!! Good story for him to tell all his friends! He looks so brave in his picture!
Post a Comment