These two need more baths for two reasons. 1) They can get kinda stinky 2) They are so cute in the tub.
Wook at dat chub. Rub-a-dub-chub-in-the-tub.
Baby James is ...just....SQUISHY. And his neck smells like a baby, you know?
So, Andrew goes through underwear like they are disposable. We have tried EVERYTHING that Google has to offer on "how to help your 3 year old poop in the potty." Nothing works. Bribery, sticker chart, treats, prizes, cajoling, praise, songs, shows (Daniel Tiger, you will be in my head for-EV-er).
I even tried offering Max and Benny treats, too, if they helped him. Benny was so eager for a treat that for several days he took to hefting/dragging Andrew into the bathroom with a yell of "He stinks, mom!" like, "I got this." But Andrew put up such claws I finally stopped that.
JB has the brunt of it while I'm at work. It seems Andrew is most number-two-y in the mornings.
My mom has been very helpful with suggestions. She potty-trained 11 children after all. Yesterday she said to keep Andrew by our side constantly, to keep him from hiding to do his bid-ness. I looked over the 12 inches that separated us and saw The Poop Face:
Me: "Andrew! Let's run to the --"
Andrew: "Top Bodering Me."
So there. Today's approach is to stop bothering him. I'm going to test the statement everyone says, that, "Don't worry, they never go to college in diapers."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Top bodering me! Too funny. Good luck. Gabe was four when he finally got it. That's probably not encouraging, but at least Andrew is not the oldest kid to be potty trained!
I love it!!! And best of luck. (Have you tried wrapping up presents from the Dollar Store in wrapping paper? That worked for our kids. . . )
OH mary...you are in the middle of H@&& right now!! This is when I go CRAZY!!! But let's look on the good side at least he is pooping!! Because he could be holding it like one of my kids did...and they don't poop for weeks and then when they do they clog the toilet and that is all they talk about...and still do..."Is my poop going to clog the toilet?" My answer, "Not if you go everyday it will not." :) Hang in there girl!!! It will all be over sooner then you think:)
Post a Comment