The doctor suggested I be induced Thursday if I hadn't had him by then. My due date was Friday and with my other early, big babies, they were concerned (Max 8'4, Benny 8'7, Andrew 8'14). I didn't want to be induced, I thought for sure he would come on his own. But it looks like he just needed that extra help to come out.
The hospital keep saying to call back in an hour yesterday morning because they were busy, but we finally got there around 11, and I was at a 4 cm, so something had been happening those past few days. Benny's labor was 9 hours, my shortest. Andrew's was close to 12 hours because I slept most of the night with the epidural and I think it slowed things down. And when I was induced with Max it took all day and into the night. This time, it went much quicker!
They broke my water just after noon. By 12:40 I was really feeling those contractions big time. Oooh they hurt. They came to put in an epidural, and it was working by 1 PM. By 5 PM I was dilated to a 10. We just waited for my doctor to get there, and when she did, his head came out with two quick pushes -- but then he was stuck.
I'm talking scary stuck. JB says his face was turning blue. Things felt slow and fast at the same time. They dropped the head of my bed, told me to keep pushing, and had two nurses pushing hard on my stomach while my doctor reached in and turned his shoulders. Then he came rushing out all at once -- whoosh! I could breathe.
He felt so heavy when they put him on my chest, and everyone was saying "That's a big baby!" My doctor guessed his weight correctly and everybody kept talking about his chubby cheeks and all that blond hair.
After a bath it fluffed up nicely.
We held him and cuddled him and both felt James Byron should be his name. Next post -- he meets his older brothers!
4 comments:
He is so stinking cute! I am dying to meet this little kido! Save some hugs for me!
He is gorgeous and I'm so glad he's here, safe and sound! How are you doing? I'm guessing that a stuck, BIG boy = a sore derriere. I hope that you are feeling okay and healing well. I wish I was there to cover those perfectly chubby cheeks with kisses!!!
I'm so glad that your little guy is finally here and all is well. It's so fun to read the birth story and find out all the details. And, what a handsome boy he is! Congrats, Mary! Love you!
Oh, mary he is so cute!!! Congratulations!! And he is a BIG BOY!! I also have to laugh....my friend's little boy is named Reid James Byron. Byron is his last name. I like the name James Byron. Good luck with 4 boys. Rest up...because life is about to get real FUN!!!! :)
Post a Comment