One is pictures. I am finally caught up with the last load of pictures (2 years worth) that we printed at Costco, and now they are all in albums. From the big camera, little camera, JB's phone and my phone. They printed all in a jumble, so I had James's birth mixed in with the most recent for example. It took months of chipping away at the pile.
Speaking of pictures, my work has started to award a monthly MVP and take a picture at staff meetings. March was the first. I tried to put my hand on my pregnant belly and smile to make it obvious. Just looked like a tummy ache. This time I stood in the back right and tried a serious look:
I'm ready for that closeup, Mr DeMille:
Every time I look at it, I just giggle. Such fierceness.
The other main nesting project is The Big Room Switch. We have four bedrooms - two up, two down. The babies have all slept across from us. When Baby Benny came along, Max and Ben shared (here's the post about easing that transition along. I think putting baby James in with Andrew went pretty smoothly. Our third boy is a great sleeper.) When Andrew came along, Max and Ben moved to the downstairs (see this post about how that move went). They were the same age as Andrew and James are now, but I'm not sure how this move will go. Never-the-less, it must happen.
The plan is to have the room across from us be a baby girl nursery after hosting boys for 11 years. But before I can decorate, first, we have to move Andrew and James into the spare room downstairs and into bigger beds than their current crib and toddler bed (James is 3 in June. He climbs out and into the crib when he pleases). Either another bunkbed, or the spare bed down there for Andrew and the toddler bed moved there for James.
Before that, we must move out of that room the printer, extra filing cabinets and sewing table and fabric/crafts stash. That will go into our large laundry room/storage room. But some of the storage has to come out of THERE first, to make room. So I've been hoisting boxes around, shuffling food storage, and trying to find a place for extra wedding gifts, spare shoes, clothes, basketball trading cards, the ice-cream maker, empty Mason jars, old paint (lots of paint) and on and on and on. All stuff we put in there when we moved in 12 years ago this summer.
So for now, a corner is filling up with the girly things I am slowly collecting again to put in a nursery. I gave away everything I had already, after finding out James was our fourth boy -- when I thought I would never have a girl (like in this post).
Anyone want some paint or Pyrex? Help a nesting 6 1/2 month pregnant woman along.

1 comment:
I want your ice cream machine! But on a more serious note, good luck!! It will be so nice when it's done.
Post a Comment