Wednesday, December 17, 2014

James is 18 months

On Benny's birthday, we had another milestone. James is now 18 months old.

In our church, it means he can now go to nursery. In James's mind that would be a big NOPE. I tried it half-heartedly on Sunday, staying with him instead of the drop-and-run, because I know he is clingy to me and I know most of those kids will go to the Sr Nursery in just a few weeks. Then I'll try again.

I promise I'm not trying to keep him a baby. I mean, look at how grown up! He can climb up on things with his big-brother-bestie and his twin-cousin-bestie.


He likes to get into things he shouldn't. All. The. Time.  I don't think we've ever had a child test the child locks on cupboards like he does. So he empties the drawers he can reach.  We've also never had one who likes to color on walls or tables or himself or Mommy's white shirts. Andrew was bad, but Jamesy -- let's just say we talk about pens/pencils/crayons and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THE BABY!!



"Who, me?"

He's had another haircut recently, and is doing much better at eating. He had to have a weight check in the fall when he didn't gain much. Now he's 25 pounds 14 ounces and the doctor is pleased.

She also liked how many words he says, and that he runs (it's a milestone for her, a bit of a pain for us when he darts down the sidewalk and darts out onto the court during Jr Jazz basketball games).

He says "no no!" and shakes his finger. He says "huuuggg" as he head bonks you with his arms around your neck. He knows many body parts and can "ding dong" his own belly button on demand. He hums "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," and "Horsey, Horsey, on Your Way."  I swear we should charge tickets.

James is a stinker about clothing though. He tries to take it all off. Thankfully we have hats that strap under his chin so he can't tear them off during walks and get cold.


He is becoming a screamer when he doesn't get his way, as evidenced below:

(more from our Christmas card photo shoot in an upcoming post)


He is also becoming a bad sleeper again, waking JB up early after I have left at 4 AM. I think it's these molars. Darn darn molars.

But he is smiley and sweet, and we are grateful for his healthy and normal development and progress. It's good to have four good boys.

2 comments:

Suz said...

It is comforting to know that it isn't just Phin causing mischief.

Rachelle said...

Nope. Can't be. No way is sweet baby James 18 months. Surely, surely you are mistaken!