Monday, December 8, 2014

Authors and poets

I find gems on my iphone and computer sometimes, after the boys are given some practice time typing.  For instance, this poem by Benny:


I am a baller and I am getting  taller.
My name Is ben and I live In a
chicken hen.and I wrIte with a pen.
I am ben and I Like Ben Ten. 


And this poem by Max: 


My name is Max,
I hate to pay taxes, I love pizza, and I'd like to eat ya! I might love you, and I'd love to eat you to! You are so awesome, and I am a possum! I dance  karaoke and I like artichoke! My friends are cool, and I live In a pool! I like flip-flops and I also like otter pops! I have a brother named Ben, and he likes hens! I also have a brother named Andrew, and his nickname is drew! And finally James, loves his milky dreams! And Mom And Dad are rad!






Max likes practicing power point presentations with pictures and lots of exclamation points. And Benny hunt-and-pecked his way through this story, with plenty of "how do you spell __?" and in red font, no less:



Once upon a time there was a piece of pizza a hotdog a hamburger a pie and a lot of other types of foods. They all lived in one little hut. and they only had two beds at night they were all squished together the hamburger spilled ketchup on pizza,pizza throwed cheese at pie and everything went totally wild. then they all had to get in the tub. after they took their bath. they all went to bed. and they all got squished together again. in the morning they all went outside to play. and they all didn’t need lunch cuz they were lunch and they played some more in the high grasses. and pizza and hamburger played football touchdown! Yelled pizza meanwhile pie and macaroni played soccer and in the morning today was different they  then it was time for lunch so they eat them self’s and they all went to bed  cuz they were sick in the well if you know what I mean but today was different they didn’t go outside they stayed inside and did nothing the oldest thought they were sick but they were they did not tell zzzzzzzzzzz snored pizza I wish I could watch a show said hamburger maybe he was right I think I’m sick said pie the next day It was the same they didn’t play outside they stayed inside all day. now they were sick the oldest checked there temperature you guys have a fever they didn’t want to go to the doctor so they held an emergency meeting and hamburger said to hide. the next day he was looking for them but they were hiding they were hiding all day until  he found them he said It’s too Late to go to the doctor  so the next day It was the same but in a different spot and for two weeks It continued




But after the two weeks they were not sick anymore and they kept playing football and soccer in the tall grassy yard. Pizza and hamburger kept yelling touchdown! Pie and macaroni kept yelling goal! And now they play outside every day! And they never got sick Again. The next day they went on a trip to Los Angeles Cal/Serra they had to stop in Las Vegas they stopped at a hotel in Las Vegas when they got there they were sad that there was no yard but what about the pool said the oldest. They felt a little better they went inside to their room (cool!) Said pizza @@@@ hamburger fainted it had a king size bed a fridge full of candy and food! How about we go to the pool said the oldest yeah! They all shouted cow a Bunga they had so much Fun. They spent three hours swimming and after they ate they went inside wow! I didn‘t know there was A computer! They had to take turns Level 14! Said pizza I’m on level 21! Said hamburger everyone said there level they wanted to take a nap.



 

He says he's not done yet.  I see a lot of imagery here that pertains to his real life, in how the main characters interact and what they do.



2 comments:

Rachelle said...

cow a Bunga!! :)

The Joe said...

That is fantastic