Friday, August 24, 2012

Max's birthday (oh, and mine too)

We had a few days of celebrating Max's birthday in July. First with family on Pioneer Day. There was definitely a Lego theme.  Pinterest helped me make his cake.
 




 For weeks before hand, Max dreamed of, talked about, and begged for a Lego fire truck. I mean he would mention it 10 times a day. But then he found out about the $30 set....and the $71 set.  He would sigh, talk wistfully about the bigger sets, but then insist all he wanted was the $10.67 fire truck.  Oh we sure tricked him!



Papa and Nona pitched in for the $71 dollar set.  Max was almost overcome. 



That same night I got a surprise for my birthday -- Toms flats!  I wear them a lot cuz I am in love with them.


 
Then on Max's actual birthday we took him for a cheeseburger. The boy loves cheeseburgers. He also daydreams about those.  On my birthday we had fried chicken.  I daydream about it.
 
Then the next Monday, we had a Groupon to Planet Play and took along some neighbors and cousins.
 






Yeah, it was fun!  Oh, see the turquoise strap over my arm?  A birthday present from JB of a fabulous purse that I love. A lot.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

So glad to hear others dream about food too! And I would like to see the top of your Toms and your whole purse - love the color of the strap!

Happy birthday to you two cuties!