Thursday, October 7, 2010

Self


(A self-portrait taken with my phone at work after what happened below. Boy I look tired. 4 AM and pregnancy don't mix)

A new gal at work breezed into the newsroom to introduce herself. She said to me, "Oh yeah, we've met before. But you were blonde." I kind of stammered out, "I thought I still was!"

I will admit that I gradually stopped highlighting my hair a while ago. I would blame the money, but it's really laziness. I just kept putting off going back to the salon every 8 weeks to stop the roots from showing. But still, I identify my natural color as blonde.

I think.

Mousy blonde? Light brown?

Hmmm.

At least she didn't say "I've met you before. But you looked different." Because I immediatley would have stood up and showed her my third-trimester tummy. I may have a chubbier face now, but it's for a good reason!

6 comments:

The Joe said...

Definitely mousy blonde.

autumn said...

I think you look gorgeous! And very, very, blonde.

Rachelle said...

What are you talking about, chubby face? Not even a little bit! And yes - you are still blonde. And beautiful, even at 4 AM (and especially because you're pregnant)!

Peter Nash said...

Your hair looks fine.

Lexie said...

I think you look beautiful,and you don't even have chubby pregnant face and I love your necklace.

Angelle said...

Tell her she is merely behind the times, and of course you have adopted the new hair technique all the stars are doing now, melting. They are leaving darker roots and it gradually gets lighter at the ends.