Sunday, October 10, 2010

Decoration

I have a few secret desires. One is to be a hip hop and/or ballroom dancer but that ain't happening. Another is to take a cake decorating class.


I would love to be like The Good Apple or my friend Meredith, who has worked in bakeries around the world. My mother-in-law gave me an icing kit, and occasionally I try my hand at it. Last week I took cupcakes to a baby shower. To the left is how I usually frost cupcakes -- quickly, and with a butter knife. To the right is my attempt with my icing bag and tip.




I was trying to go for something like this from Little Birdie Secrets:

Except my attempts with my brown peanut butter frosting ended up looking like a pile of -- well, something that an animal leaves in the grass.

PS Benny gobbled down his cupcake. Max turned up his nose. He only likes the frosting on cake anyway, but he doesn't like peanut butter.

4 comments:

Suz said...

I love that Max only eats frosting on cake. Richards are very particular I guess.

The Joe said...

the peanut butter frosting I have made in the past was too thick to splurt out of a decorating tube, but my cream cheese frosting did excellent.

Angelle said...

Do something extreme on air and who knows, maybe you could land on Dancing with the Stars!! Both dreams are within reach!

merebuff said...

one of these days we'll have to get together and I can teach you how to decorate.