Monday, August 17, 2009

JB's birthday

Last week was JB's birthday. I made a carrot cake with orange cream cheese frosting from scratch (success!) and found this present for him, also a success. It's an antique coca-cola cooler chest. He had been admiring some current Coca-Cola freezer-chest-fridge-type-things he has seen, like at Lagoon. I had it hidden in the garage and brought him outside to show him it on his birthday.
Benny thought it was a perfect size for him to hide in.
When JB was looking at the more recent models, he thought it would be fun to have one for parties and BBQs, to store ice and sodas in. I found this one at a downtown antique store and thought for a while it could be used for drinks, but JB knows the value of an antique more than I do! It's now on display in our living room. JB found a lining for it and is going to make a lid for it, and we will either use it as a toy chest or window seat or both.
Benny still thinks it's a perfect size for a bed.

4 comments:

Suz said...

Mary- I LOVE IT! I can't wait to see it in use. I love the lid remover on the front too.

Bekah said...

Great job on the cake and present, Mary! That cooler is the shiz. Very nice!

Sarah Preston said...

I love it! It sounds like you did a way good job surprising him for his birthday!

Lexie said...

That cooler is awesome, way to go Mary!