I have not blogged in a week because I have taken your suggestions to heart and been at the library twice in the past week. I now have books for me (and I am happily, hungrily immersed again) and books for Max and Benny.
The first trip I was overwhelmed by the children's books. Our neighbors a few years ago gave us a bookshelf and books to fill it that their children had outgrown. So I haven't really needed to go get more books for the boys until now.
We wandered in to the children's section; Max and Benny ran to play with the toys, and I tried to figure out which of all. those. books. would be educational and entertaining enough for my boys. As I agonized over all the shelves, Benny wandered by, and PHEW was he stinky. So that shortened that trip. I grabbed some books randomly off the shelves and so did Max. It was hit and miss. We didn't have any trouble picking some DVDs though.
Today I went back to the library, to return"Hip Hop Harry" (for Max) and "The Pajama Game" (for me) I had a better idea of some children's titles and authors to look for. But if anyone has some suggestions for those too, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I didn't mean to delete my comment. So I'll do it again. Here are some books I've found Preschoolers like. Don and Audrey Wood have great books with fabulous pictures. I love "The Little Mouse the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear." "How I Became a Pirate" by Melinda Long is usually a hit with boys. And I'm pretty sure Max would get a kick out a "No David"
Post a Comment