Sunday, January 29, 2017

Andrew's party

A month later, we had Andrew's sixth birthday party.  The invitation said, "It's a little late, but come celebrate!"  And Yoda was saying, "6 Andrew is."

I invited cousins, and 12 kids and thought I had everyone in his primary class, and the kids he talks to the most in kindergarten, but just now realized I forgot to invite at least 3 more kids. I wonder if I need to apologize to their moms in case Andrew blabbed to them about his party and they went home sad? Though at 6, maybe it's not a big deal?

Yoda and Leia cupcakes

"Chewie" granola bars in the take home bags.


Thanks to cousin Spencer's party last September, I had plenty of ideas to steal, like pool noodle light sabers. Look at this crew!


JB battled them as Darth Vader. They also spent time shooting nerf darts at the Storm Trooper balloon from New Year's Eve, and finally helped him go to his eternal rest (in the church dumpster).


I made a "tape the red light to R2D2" game, but maybe half the kids wanted to play. Most of the time they just ran around with the balloons and that was just fine.

Cousin Danny reaching out to investigate Millie.


This cute family is moving to Japan, by the way, to help Mindy's dad and grandparents. Waaaahhhh. Peter promises me they will be back. Cool opportunity for them, but, I love having a sibling close by. So who else is going to move here from Missouri to be his place holder?


Andrew had a great time, and he deserved it. He was enthralled with his presents (mostly Star Wars themed), and we have had a good time doing science experiments and puzzles and cuddling in his new sleeping bag with Chewbacca, etc. Andrew is a chatty joy who makes friends easily and we are glad for those who came to celebrate!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Those cupcakes are fantastic!