Friday, December 11, 2015

Ben is 8

 I sense a theme. The Star Wars is strong with this one.

We are fans anyway, but this year it's just full-on Star Wars EVERYTHING at our house. Here is Ben showing off his gifts for his 8th birthday this past Sunday.



Ben said he wanted a Star Wars cake. I thought about making it also look like a basketball, hence the orange, but I ran out of chocolate chips to melt to use for the basketball stripes after I did the lettering.  I had little fingers helping themselves to the chocolate chips.



James. So innocent. BTW he turned exactly 2 1/2 on Ben's birthday.



Max organized the brothers into making a card for Ben.


We used to call this boy Baby Benny, and Bennihana, and Benjabobbers. Now he prefers "Ben." 


He's very excited to now be 8, because now he's in Cub Scouts, and he's going to have his bishop's interview (with his dad) soon, and he will be baptized on Saturday, January 2. 

Ben is sweet, sensitive, smart, stubborn, determined, perceptive and quick. He is very good at math, loves to play on my iphone or on the computer when I will let him ("I'll clean up first!") and is enjoying learning coding through the Hour of Code program at school. His teacher says he is kind to others. He loves playing and watching sports -- especially basketball. He loves the Utah Jazz and reads the sports section of the newspaper. He tries to wear some blue because of me, but most of his stuff is red. And marked Utah. I keep saying he doesn't have to choose one, right? He often looks to his older brother Max for approval, and they go everywhere together. Friends get both of them on play dates. A package pair, with the sticking-up-for-each-other, but mostly the arguing. He is growing so tall already. We love him so.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Happy birthday, sweet boy!