Monday, July 13, 2015

Good people

I think JB and I both had an uplifting week last week, full of good friends and good people and good times -- at good places.

 His mission companion came into town to visit. Here's what JB wrote to me when he sent this picture:

"Nearly 22 years ago I met Darrin Buttery at the MTC.  We were fast friends right away and ended up serving together for several months.  Today, as we attended a session together I couldn't help feeling a bit like Alma when he reunited with the sons of Mosiah.   He's still my brother in the Lord!"



They also went to some Jazz Summer League games together. They bonded over basketball in Brazil, as well.

And JB went with his dad to several Summer League games, too:



He was able to take Max and Ben on the last day and they loved it.

We also went to the temple together after he went with Buttery. The Salt Lake Temple is closed for a bit so we went to Bountiful and it was beautiful.




Finally, another great thing that happened this week was I saw my BYU freshmen year roommates again. We got together at a park with most of our children -- we were missing one roommate, but it was so great to see these girls (well, women! But I feel like a girl again when we are together).



I came to BYU somewhat awkward and shy and self-conscious and lacking much self-confidence. These girls embraced me and my quirkiness and brought me out of my shell and praised me and loved me. I will be forever grateful. They are now sweet and caring mothers and wives, and so uplifting and interesting! I wanted to talk all evening, but Andrew was laying down on the playground's pavement trying to go to sleep for the night.

No comments: