Max couldn't wait for his birthday this year. He had a very specific wishlist, including Daddy's lasagna. So JB made it the day before, and stuck a candle in it.
Look at James's little face as he wobbles standing up by the table to take a peek! Max ate leftovers for days, including a plate for breakfast in bed on his birthday.
He got a new suit from Nonna, just in time to wear to a wedding the night before his birthday (I'll post about it soon).
Handsome suited boys.
Besides the food and suit, Max's other specific wish was for a RipStik. He practiced and practiced on neighbors' boards, and went with me to check out one I found for sale online. Then he had to wait til his birthday to use it, though I sometimes heard him sneaking a quick try in the laundry room where it was waiting.
Here he is first thing birthday morning.
I tried to make a cake that looked like a RipStik for the birthday dinner at Nonna and Pappa's house. He loved it. Cake Boss I am not, but it was fun to try.
Birthday kisses for our firstborn.
I love how he reads out loud from the top bunk to Benny and Andrew after I say good night.
He is super cute with baby James.
He is particular about food, and could eat the same few foods over and over: toast he makes himself with cheese or lunch meat on top, grilled cheese dipped in ketchup, daddy's lasagna, cheeseburgers and pizza.
He is particular about his hair. He wants to style the front like daddy, and hates buzz cuts now.
He is starting to listen a lot more to what JB and I say as we talk to each other. He lurks to listen, or inches his head up in the car to overhear us. He reads the newspaper every day and asks big questions about what he reads and hears.
He loves to watch sports with daddy, reclining on the other couch.
He sleeps in his underwear in the summer time (prompting 3 year old Andrew to want to do the same), and it just makes me giggle to see his long body lounging around the house.
His feet are just about the same size as mine. I have a feeling he will be taller than me very soon. And he's only 9! Do you think I can put a brick on his head to stop him from growing? My heart is full as I reflect on my firstborn boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment