Wednesday, June 4, 2014

In Summer

"Sometimes I like to close my eyes, and imagine what it'll be like when summer does come." - Olaf



My bigger boys are now out of school for the summer, and they have mixed feelings about this. They loved their teachers this year. Here's Benny with his AM Kindergarten teacher:



And Max with his teacher who taught the 3rd/4th grade split class this year. Max did not get him again for fourth grade, he learned he has another male teacher so he's excited about that.


We are very grateful for their patience with our boys (Max maaaayyyy have been an interrupting talker at the beginning of the year) and how they would notice their strengths (Benny is very good at math, both boys are good readers).

Now we need to keep up that good work through the summer. I will still read every night with them, but I would love it if they would just pick up a book and find a cozy corner like I did growing up (and still like to do).

I know they have big plans to run wild with our neighborhood boys, but I also have a jar of suggestions if they come to me saying "I'm BOR-ed." They involve chores or making up math problems.

I imagine 3-year-old Andrew will want to tag along with whatever they are doing. This could be good, it could get problematic.  Just as long as I can still nap with the baby, that would be grrrreat. And if they could still go to bed at 7:30, that would also be ideal. Black-out window shades, here we come.

2 comments:

cpace said...

It's probably a good thing that teacher isn't Max's in Fourth Grade. I'm sure Max will be towering the guy before long and that would be sad to be a teacher and have a fourth grader taller than he is

Rachelle said...

I remember how much I hated going to bed when it was still light outside, but all of our kids (even the big ones) go to bed early! It's a great habit. Yay for summer!