Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Benny Boy

My Benny turned 2 years old this weekend. It snowed again, just like on the day of his birth. JB made pizza and I made a football cake and both turned out very nice.

Benny got a new shirt, quilt, and lots of toys with wheels. Here he is below sorting them at Nona and Papa's house while Max sneaks closer to see if he can have a turn.



My sweet Benny is just so much fun. He's all boy. He loves trucks, trains, cars, footballs, baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls -- you get the idea.

He'll throw himself on the ground and yell "Touchdown!" He'll hurl a ball at you, then he'll yell "catch" if he remembers. At night when I tell him it's bedtime, he will run and climb onto JB on the couch and say "Watch ballgame with daddy!"

He loves to play with Max but also will fight for something if he thinks it should be his. He still has kissable cheeks and I wish he would stay my baby even though it's fun to watch him grow up.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

He sure has grown up-he is starting to loose his baby look. Ella turns 2 on the 14th. They just keep growing up!! I liked the football cake!! I am more of the simple cake girl-cake pan and then frost it. Maybe one day I can get crazy and make a princess cake or something girly like that.

Suz said...

The pizza and cake were awesome! Happy Birthday Benny!

The Joe said...

I'm so sad I missed his birthday! He's such a cute boy, and so big!

Amy said...

Looks like you had fun! The cake turned out so stinkin' cute. Did you use fondant for the white? It looks too perfect for frosting??? Happy birthday Benny!

JoLynn said...

You'll have to tell me how to make a football cake. Rog would like a cake while watching f or b.