Monday, November 25, 2019
3 year olds, am I right?
Girlie is trying to give up her nap, but she still gets sleepy. She also still needs a diaper to poo.
I don't want to talk about it.
She is 3 years, 4 months old, which is around the time when the boys started to taper out their nap (and finally click with potty-training). Lately the strategy is to try to put her down for a nap but then give up and let her watch a Princess movie and see if she falls asleep. I can't take her in the stroller or car for a ride past 4pm if she hasn't napped, because then she's up late sitting on the couch next to JB watching sports.
We are working on not screaming. Her little voice though is so sweet as she jabbers away. She just adores princesses, and thanks to thrift stores and neighbors, she has a dress-up dress to match Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Tinkerbell, and soon to be Belle (at Christmas).
She has very opinionated tastes on her clothing. Preferably pink. Often she doesn't want to wear any clothes, and rips off her outfits when she gets home from anything. On Sundays she really wants to wear her Nona dress.
She also is very opinionated on her books. I read the same ones every night, and when I try to mix in a new one, it just gets added to the pile. Pinkalicious, Disney princesses, and Mo Willems are the favorites right now.
I bought that pink BYU jacket in a size 3T back when I was pregnant with her. When she put it on, she said, "Wook! Go UTES!" So we have to work on that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel you with the still needs a nap but won't take a nap, tyrant at 5 without a nap, yet goes to sleep better without a nap phase of life. We will get through it one last time!!
Post a Comment