Thursday, November 3, 2016

The long Halloween

We seemed to celebrate for a while, first with Frightmares at Lagoon in October. It's always so fun, but it was really crowded this year with the great weather.

But then we had bad weather Friday night for our ward's Trunk or Treat and chilli cookoff. So people set up in the classrooms and the kids went door-to-door inside. The big boys were at a basketball tournament with JB (more about their new team in a later post), and I took the little boys and baby girl with me.


Andrew was a Jedi again and so happy to have a light saber with him.  James wanted to be Batman and wear all three capes we own over his Batman shirt.  He found another Batman with muscles. Our Batman muscle costume (courtesy a co-worker!) is way too big for him still.


The boys' favorite each year is Cookie Monster.



There was also a slime machine, and really good chili.

Monday morning came the Halloween parade and class parties at school. It was an early out day for good reason.  JB and two of my friends sent me pictures from the 9 AM parade at the school while I was in my story assignment meeting.


It was like I was there, but without the crowds and chaos and music.  I just missed giving my boys a wave as they walked by. JB is such a good sport! It can be craziness there.


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

We need Andrew in our jedi order!