Thursday, July 7, 2016

July 4

Our neighborhood July 4 breakfast and bike parade again did not disappoint. It felt bigger this year, too. More crowds. People coming back to the neighborhood I think.

James did not drive his little car through the long route, but did want to play in it while we waited at our house to go to the starting point.  I picked this picture because he is rubbing his belly button again.


Max with his Ripstik at the line-up point behind the fire truck and vehicles.


I sat on the sidelines this year. This momma too hot and waddly and uncomfortable to go all the way down to the end and then have to come back up. So I was able to see my boys come by.



Ben zipped by too fast for a good picture. At the end of the parade, the fire truck sprays water, and there's cotton candy and popcorn and festivities. Andrew came back crying because the water had washed all his crepe paper off his bike.

That night the big boys went to Jazz Summer League games with JB, and the littles and I went to bed on time (7:30 or 8 pm (I worked the next day)). But those fireworks were so loud, I should have just gotten out of bed and gone to watch. Sure sounded like the neighbors were doing a shock and awe campaign.

No comments: