Recently we had our official 20 week ultrasound. I thought they
might move my due date up, because I felt kicks so much sooner and felt
better earlier than in the past, but they say she's on track still for
around July 22-24 as a due date.
Everything looked great, which was a relief, because after our cruise came all those worries about the Zika virus and pregnant women. And the doctor made kind of a big deal about my last baby being 9 lbs 6 oz, but did say baby girls tend to be smaller.
She moves so much. Her hands were up by her face, and then down by her thighs and then up by her stomach.
I
can't wait to see what she looks like. Judging by the ultrasound, she
looks like her brothers (because that's what their ultrasounds looked
like, and pretty much every other baby, haha).
People say James looks like me. Here I am at roughly his age:
Too soon to tell if our girl will look like this:
Years ago, I saw this painting in the BYU Bookstore while there for Women's
Conference. I came around the corner where there were lots of
paintings all up on the wall, and this one just jumped out at me and brought
tears to my eyes. I almost thought the title of it would be "Millie," it
haunted me so. I saved a picture on my phone. It's called "Looking
Down," and the painter is Julie Rogers.
11
years ago, when I was first pregnant and lolling around ill on our old
blue couches, I remember sitting straight up like a bolt of lightening
had hit me, thinking, "THAT'S it. Millie is what I want to name a
daughter."
The
song about her in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" goes, "Simple and sweet, and sassy as can
be. Bless her beautiful hide, for she's the gal for me!"
She's
such a strong character in the movie and the short story. She has all those brothers (by marriage) that
fill the house with their presence and rowdiness (like this baby girl's brothers), but she gets them all whipped into shape.
She stands up for herself, but is able to forgive, and I envy that.
ThinkBabyNames
says the name means "rival, eager work; helper to the priest; rival;
laborious; eager; bee; honey; gentle strength; brave strength." What a
nice definition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All she will need is curls and that picture would totally be your little girl. Here's to hoping right? Or if not then invest in some sponge rollers or a curling iron.
James looks so much like you! And that picture is stunning. Did you buy it? Glad baby girl is healthy!
Post a Comment